Winter Schedule Blackstack Studio, 42 Parliament St. Kilkenny.
- Screenprinting | 2 Saturdays | 13th & 20th October | 10am-4pm | Tutor: Aiseling Noone | €170.
This is a beginners screenprinting class for visual artists. You will learn how make screenprints with photographic or hand drawn imagery. Cleaning and coating the screen, exposing the image, and registration and printing will all be covered.
- General Printmaking | 3 Saturdays | 10am – 4pm | 10th, 17th & 24th November | Tutors: Maeve Coulter & Sylvia Hemmingway | €225.
This workshop, run over three saturdays, will cover a variety of printmaking techniques. Participants will explore drypoint, collograph, and basic etching techniques, adding chine colle and combining the different methods to create exciting multi-layered prints.
- Bookbinding | Saturday 1st December | 10am-4pm | Tutor: Sylvia Hemmingway | €90.
Learn easy bookbinding techniques to make notebooks, sketchbooks and albums – great for Christmas gifts, or just to treat yourself! We will look at different binding techniques and their possibilities and then you will be guided through the steps for making three or more of your own books. Materials will be provided but you can bring any special papers or materials you might like to incorporate into your book.
- General Printmaking | 5 tuesday mornings | 15th October – 13th November | 10am – 1pm | Tutors: Maeve Coulter & Sylvia Hemmingway | Cost: €230.
These workshops will take place over 5 tuesday mornings and will cover a variety of printmaking techniques. Participants will explore drypoint, collograph, and basic etching techniques, adding chine colle and combining the different methods to create exciting multi-layered prints.
- Screenprinting for Graphic Designers & Illustrators | 2 Fridays | 12th & 19th October or 16th & 23rd November | Tutor: Ale Mercado | €180.
A course for professionals in the field of visual communications who want to get back to hand-produced products while keeping their digital skills. The course will go through the stages of producing screenprinted materials starting from digital designs and how to prepare files to get them ready for production to the final printing of the designs on paper.
Bookings can be made on the website www.blackstackstudio.com, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Special workshops can also be arranged for groups of 3 or 4 people.